UCare currently supports the DYMO 400 and 450 series label printers, download and install the DYMO Label Software to start printing.
Note: Ensure you are using version 8.6.2 or later of the DYMO Label software, you can download the latest version from the DYMO website.
What labels should you use?
UCare currently supports DYMO’s 30256 or 99014 shipping labels, they can be purchased from many office supply outlets but costs are significantly less when purchasing them in bulk from sites like eBay or Amazon.
Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge printing issues
Previous versions of the DYMO software could not print in recent releases of Chrome, Edge & Firefox. Thankfully version 8.6.2 of the DYMO label software has resolved this issue.
Some LabelWriter printers manufactured after April 1, 2014 will not properly install on Windows® 7 PCs when attached to a USB 3.0 port. DYMO has developed an update that will fix this problem on these printers.
- Each month a cleaning card should be run through each DYMO label printers to keep the devices working optimally.
- Ensure that labels are loaded correctly and that users are gentle when removing printed labels.
- If an additional label printer is installed the previous printer may need to be uninstalled for printing to work correctly.
- If you are using Windows 8.1 ensure the correct updates are installed.
- Please read Troubleshooting Tips if you are experiencing any other problems printing.